2.25.2008

Unemployment...

"If you've rewritten that résumé several times and sent out dozens of applications but your job search still shows no promise, you might not be the problem.

One frequently overlooked but critical factor in finding a new job is your state's unemployment rate. You can have the experience and skills of an employer's dream, but they won't do you any good if there just aren't enough jobs available.

The unemployment rate is the percentage of job seekers in the work force who are still looking for work. The higher the percentage, the more difficult it is to find a job. The national unemployment rate is 5 percent, based on the most recent
data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). If you're looking for a job, you should see how your state compares to the rest of the country. Here are the 10 worst statesto find work ranked by their unemployment rates.

#1. Michigan-
Unemployment rate: 7.6 percent, Population: 10,071,822, Mean annual wage: $41,230"


That is a quote from an article on cnn.com about the worst states for job hunting. Oh, how it lifted my spirits and made me so much better about finding a job.
Other than that, things are good. We had a nice, relaxing weekend. I wish every weekend was a long weekend.

I just finished making some yummy snickerdoodles. And now I am off to read one of the books I just checked out from the library. Goodnight!

2 comments:

pc2995 said...

Yah yah! Michigan is impossible for finding a job. There is no way I could have pulled management anywhere in the state, but I moved to Indiana and got a salaried job in only a few months. Don't blame yourself, there are tons of older people with more experience looking for jobs in this state... and they are willing to take the entry level positions we want/need.

Get outta Michigan!

Andrea said...

Lets make our own state...LaBennia. Our jobs would be the Secretaries of Beading. Potter would be our state dog...or maybe governor. Everyone would want to come and live there.