6.04.2009

Brother of mine...

I am so proud of my big brother Rob. 
He is running the Chicago marathon this year,
and in the process he is raising money for autism speaks.
Here is what he posted on facebook:

"I have joined forces with Autism Speaks for thie 2009 Chicago Marathon on October 11th. I ran my first marathon back in 2000 and have wanted to run another ever since then. I was unable to make the commitment before now, because I was leading a very unhealthy life (understatement). Over the past 18 months, I have made a lot of changes in my life (down 82 lbs for starters) and I knew it was time. 

I recently reunited with some old friends on Facebook as they were moving from Las Vegas to New Jersey. They picked up everything and moved so their son with Autism could get the best schooling possible. They are two of my favorite people that I have come across in my life and it really touched me and inspired me. The schooling is VERY expensive and people of all economic classes are affected by Autism. I wanted to help...

I joined Autism Speaks because I think it is a great cause and it helps with research and education of Autism. They recently pledged $128 million in new research funding through 2014 to uncover the cause(s), prevention, treatments and cure for autism, making it the nation's top private funder of autism research. They set my goal at $1500 and I would love to double it. I know that we are in very tough economic times, so any little bit helps. I would appreciate any notes of encouragement or anything else you can think of to help me along the way. I have a donation page set-up at the following link: 

Click Here

My friends have a site set up for the son at www.johnnysjourney.com. There are magazine subscriptions available and the family receives 40% of the money to go directly to their sons schooling. Please check it out. 

Thanks for all your support and God Bless,



Rob"

If you are so inclined, please feel free to make some donations to his great cause.

No comments: