4.29.2009

Interviews update...

Hello, hello!
My legs, abs and arms may fall off today.
They hurt from working out.
Walking up/down the stairs to work today was embarassing.
I moved like an old woman and said, "ow" with each step.
I have also felt a tinsy bit less hungry,
still hungry, but not hungry enough to eat my arm or Potter.
But it feels good/healthy and I will win!

In other updates, we will now talk interview talk:

First interview:
Went good, he is over qualified, and doesn't think it will pay that much. It is like an assistant to the psychologist at the hospital. So we will see.

Second interview:
Went awesome. Brian said he felt really comfortable and like they liked him. Another plus is that they are hiring for multiple positions, so we shall see. They are doing second interviews later this week. Salary wise, we think it may be a little bit lower than we wanted but not bad. It is doing pretty much what Brian was doing in MI. Fingers crossed!

I will keep you updated.
Brian's family has been generous and is letting me stay with them while Brian is gone. They are nice and I am excited to have a "girls" day on saturday with Andrea and Sue. We are going to do some fun girly things (some things may be too girly to be named).

Took Friday off today. No plans thus far, I probably should study for the state of michigan exam I have to take for work, but... I could just take a mental health day, read, go on a long bike ride, write my book, study new moves for my abs, etc... Let's take a vote. What should I do on my day off on Friday?

4 comments:

timmy and erin said...

COME TO KANSAS CITY! thats my vote

kathy said...

Sounds like all of them are great choices!....just have a wonderful day! I am glad you are staying with the Labennes while Brian is paving the way in KS. Great news about the interviews and will just keep praying for God's best for you two. Soooo looking forward to you coming to IL next week!!. love , momma

kathy said...

Oh... as another thought regarding Brian paving the way to KS, it does take the two of you together of course, of course, of course, as you are continuing to work so you both can get to Kansas, hopefully soon. Praying for God's best,
love,
mom

Anonymous said...

My advice for Friday: Give yourself a time limit of say, one or maybe two hours, & do something that you "should" do (packing? studying for the exam? -- could you avoid taking the exam by moving to Kansas?? guess it depends when you have to take it..) But then, once your alloted "work time" is up... spend the rest of the day doing something fun & relaxing -- that way, you can enjoy most of the day, without feeling guilty!!
just my 2 cents....
Sue