4.22.2008

Spring and everything that it entails...

Well folks, it is so sad that I am tired enough for bed at 10. What happend? Oh yes, it is called the real world...

Today was a very very long day. The kind of day where I look at the clock and I am sure an hour has past, yet it has only been 3 min. The kind of day where I accidently hang up on people, book the wrong kind of appointment, sneeze when there are no tissues around... you get the idea. On the plus side, I do like my job. Also, I found a park 2 min from my job and I drove there on my lunch and just sat with the windowns down. Tomorrow I am going to take a blanket and get a little sun.

On other news.... We put our down payment down at the house!!!! Yes, the awesome one that is 1400 square feet. When we looked at it tonight, it reminded me how nice it is. What the heck are we going to do with all those kitchen cupboards and bedrooms? I think we'll figure it out.

The Iron and Wine concert was very good. We had so much fun and we found a lot of cool/cheap things. We got two end tables and some decorations. Do you want to see what we got? Here is it:


Look it is a wall thing to put mail in. I realize that this post is pretty materialistic but... I am just excited to decorate our new place.

Brian has been a hockey fool lately and had the bug for some roller blades. Happy early birthday to him. He is getting up early to do some drills and things. Here are his new blades.

3 comments:

Our family is a little more than a Patrick sandwich. said...

I can't wait to come home this summer and see your soon-to-be new house!! :)

Anonymous said...

I am happy you like your job. Great that you are close to a park and can take a good outdoor break.
I am so happy Spring is here! After a long hard Winter.... Spring is more glorious than ever!
love U guys. mom

Anonymous said...

Ooooo! Roller blades!! I'll be happy to see Bri playing hockey again -- some of my best memories -- picking him up from Hiner's house after a few hours of street hockey -- taking him & Andy Blaha (yes, Amy, there IS an Andy Blaha)to Skatin Station the summer they played in a league there -- countless trips to Pirani's to look at equipment -- fun, fun!
I'm also very very glad you like your job, & that you'll be in a cute house! Great thrift shop finds too!! Especially the funky elephant mailholder thingey -- I can see why it was hard to describe!
Sue