3.16.2010

We are back!!!

Phew, it has been a long time. But I am back! I decided to do a little bit of a blog remodel. But before I go into that, let me just say that it feels good to be back and here is a list of some updates in Brian and my life:

1. Weight loss: This is a big one and where my mind is focused on a whole lot during the day. I think to myself, "No, self, you cannot have that delicious looking bagel, cupcake, etc..." In theory weight loss is easy, and to some people it is. But it is hard, honestly it is one of the hardest things EVER. I feel like I am in constant, muscle-achy pain, growling stomach, mixed with extreme jealousy at those people who are "naturally" thin. But, Brian and I will succeed in this and I will get into more details of our plan later. Hint, it has something to do with the blog remake.

2. Illinois: Hello, Land of Lincoln! Last time this blog had been updated, we were moving to IL. Well, we have been in IL since October now. I can't believe it has been so long. We are still living with my brother and have been getting along famously! It is really fun and he has a clapper and makes us chicken tacos. We are not sure of the future or how long we will be staying with him but for now we are content.

3. My job: At the end of January, I switched campuses. I now work 10 minutes away from home and I LOVE not having the long commute but I miss my coworkers from Chicago. Also, my schedule changed and I work normal hours on Monday and Wednesday, long hours on Tuesday and Thursday and I have off on Fridays. I don't think I can't express how much I love having Fridays off. It is awesome!

4. Brian's unemployment: He is still looking but had some promising interviews last week. Keep him in your prayers.

5. Books: We both have been reading a lot. And we will get more into that in a future post. And yes, there will be future posts.... That's a promise.

6. TV: I highly recommend the show Community for anyone who likes to laugh and likes slightly inappropriate jokes. It is hilarious, I can't even explain how good it it. Thinking about it puts a smile on my face.

7. Shoes: Above is pictured my new, amazing, sultry shoes. I run in them. (Yes, I do run now) I wanted the blue color but with my monster feet they only had the purple color. They were one of the most expensive purchases I have made in a very long time. Is it bad to be in love with a pair of shoes?

So for today, I have to say goodnight, but don't you worry..... I will be back tomorrow!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yahooey!! Welcome back!! I've been checking periodically, and imagine my surprise this morning to see a picture of a beautiful shoe where there used to be a picture of beautiful you (and beautiful Brian)!
Looking forward to future updates!
Sue/Mom

rachel said...

YAY!!!! welcome back! i was so excited when i saw your name in my blog roll. :)

can't wait to see future posts (and i just realized i'm pretty much re-writing everything sue/mom wrote!).

we'll be praying for brian's job search.

also - our friends sara and dave are moving to the chicago area this summer - - you guys should totally become friends with them.

DomestiKatie. said...

how i've missed you! not that i'm one to talk. i NEVER update my blog.
question: how did you start running? did you have a plan, or a system, or anything to make it suck less?
i'm trying to start, and i just bought my own very expensive pair of running shoes. any tips you have would seriously help. thanks! miss you guys!

timmy and erin said...

yay! welcome back!

AJD ∞ said...

So glad you're back! Keep the updates coming! Dieringer and I like knowing what's going on in your lives!

Our family is a little more than a Patrick sandwich. said...

Woohoo! I hope #1 has something to do with what I think/hope it has something to do with. Also-just FYI, Patrick giggles like a freaking girl when he and Brian are texting. It's seriously like we're back in 7th grade... :)

kath said...

I check periodically to see if you were back and you are!! Love your new blog! You guys are more alive than ever! Love the look of your new power shoe! love U 2

me said...

Praying for a great job for Brian!