1.11.2009

I am the worst blogger ever...

I apologize my long absence in blogging and I realize I have quite a bit to update. I will start with the most exciting news which happened on Friday....

1. I got a promotion to be a certified credit counselor for the same company I am working now, I start training on 2/2 (my half birthday!) and it means lower stress and a two pay grade salary increase. I am so happy and I can't wait to start. The only negative is that I won't have the best hours.

2. Brian and I got each other a wii for Christmas and we have been rocking out to guitar hero and mario party. I have taken the medium level by storm but I can't quite make it to the hard level.

3. Snow, I am tired of snow and I am ready for a vacation.

4. I have seen two great movies recently and I want to make recommendations: Slumdog Millionaire, it was touchy, funny and beautiful, and we just saw Gran Torino, I liked it 100x more than I thought I would, Clint Eastwood was amazing and it was so likable and very funny.

5. I have been a reading machine lately, I think I have read 10 books since Jan 1. I think that is pretty impressive if I do say so but I really need to start getting more sleep. If anyone has any recommendations, I need them. I am leaving soon for the library.

6. I feel stressed and frustrated with thinking about what I should do with my life. If you could pray for direction for me. Just as soon as I think I know what would be a good fit, I have doubts. In the meantime, I think I am either going to write a children's book or a vampire book.

7. I love our gas fireplace b/c our downstairs gets so cold.

8. Oh also, I have been doing really good at work, I have been consistently #2 in the department and the person with the #1 spot and I have been having a competition. Although I still don't like it, I like that I have gotten good at it and that makes it a lot less stressful and now I just have to wait until 2/2 and I am out.

9. I am running out of things to post, so I will just tell you that I am making rigatoni with goat cheese and sundried tomatoes for dinner and I am SO excited about it. I got an awesome cook book for Christmas called Great Food Fast, I recommend for you to check it out.

4 comments:

timmy and erin said...

Its about time you updated!! good to hear all the latest going on's of the labenne's! congrats on the job promotion!!

miss you!

Anonymous said...

Hey I just checked your blog and guess what.... Great news all of it!!! and hope to see you soon. Love U, mom

Anonymous said...

Amy: SO proud of you -- not surprised, but proud -- way to go! I'm also very glad to see you back blogging... That rigatoni dish sounds wonderful -- let me know how it turned out. Hope you had a good weekend... maybe we'll see you later this week?

Sue
p.s. told Brian's Grandma about your promotion & she said "Amy seems like a girl who can do ANYTHING she sets her mind to." -- I, of course, agreed!

Anonymous said...

Dear daughter,
I always love reading your blog and always am glad when I hear the news before you even post it! I love you and have a marvelous day. mom
P.S. You are a girl who can do whatever she sets her mind to doing. Go Amy!