10.05.2008

Bake-a-thon with myself...

Today is my bake-a-thon with myself.
Why? Because I feel like it.
Well, I had high hopes for my day of baking.
So far it has been a half failure, half deliciousity.

I made 2 batches of pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pumpkin-Chip-Muffins/Detail.aspx
(I added 1 cup apple sauce, 1/2 oil)
and they are moist and delicious.
Perfect to take to work tomorrow!

I also attemped to make banana pudding for Brian's coworker/friend
he is always asking for banana pudding with merigue.
And since he was so helpful with the grand am broke down,
I decided to make it for him.
For some reason my pudding wouldn't thicken.
So I added more flour and it still wouldn't
So I decided to add another egg yolk, bad idea, what was I thinking?
It turned all chunky and gross
and I have to decide if I am going to try again or just give up.

On other news, I was a budgetting machine last night.
We are trying to new method, in the hopes to save more and be more responsible.

In more news, we just finished watching the John Adams HBO series.
It was super good and I highly recommend it.

Last piece of news, while I was making the muffins
I looked over and Potter was cuddled on the couch
With her head on my Joy of Cooking.
By the time I got the camera, she had moved but it was so cute!

Time to go make some snickerdoodles, lasagna and maybe some more banana pudding.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All sounds so yummy yum yum!. Can I come over to your house later today? love U. mom

timmy and erin said...

Yum! I baked today too! i made some banana bread... i love baking, but don't do it very often! one day when we are older and we are next door neighbors and have kids at the same time we should have all day baking parties!