1. I started my job. Found out it was a contract, temp job with very little hope of becoming permanent. Also, it turned out to be almost a telemarketing job. Everyday that I was there, I made over 150 phone calls and left messages and got hung up on. I hated it, not at all what I thought it would be. So I quit and am back to square one applying for jobs. Arg!
2. We have two exciting weekends in a row coming up! Next weekend my mom is coming (Hurray! We were supposed to go to Coldwater with some friends but it got cancelled) and then my birthday weekend (and Sue's birthday weekend) Brian's family is coming to visit. We are more than excited. I just realized I had better get our spare room in tip top shape in preparation.
3. Brian and I have been watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer and it is hilarious and we love it. It is super cheesy and has great lines like, "There are two things I don't believe in: leprechauns and coincidences."
4. Brian and I still need to find careers we like. Right now I am considering getting certified to teach elementary school. I am just nervous to do so and actually get a job. I needs some helpful prayers and input.
5. We went to see Harry Potter at midnight on Tuesday night. And the nerds of all nerds, we decided to dress up. I went at Prof Trelawny and Brian went as Harry Potter. We went with our friends Erin, who was Bellatrix Lestrange, Timmy, who dressed like Sirius Black, Arika, who was Luna Lovegood, and Tim, who was a little bit like He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. It was an excellent movie even though we had to sit in the second row. I am forgetful and I didn't take pictures of all of us. Here is a picture of me and Brian.

6. I have been in the cookie/looking up new recipe phase. Last night I made awesome sandwiches for Brian and I. I totally recommend it but only if you like olives. When I cook, I like to make it up as I go. Here is my version of the recipe, I mixed 3 recipes together to come up with this one:Amy's Extradelicious Ultimate Olive-y Sandwiches
Ingredients for Olive Spread:
1/2 c. olive oil
1 T lemon juice
3 T red wine vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 T fresh parsley (I used dried)
2 t dried oregano
1/2 t black pepper
1/3 red onion
1 c black olives, chopped (you can substitute one of the olives for mushrooms, if you so desire)
1 c green olives, chopped
Sandwich Ingredients:
Awesome french bread or rolls
salami
ham
provolone
mozzarella (I didn't have any, so I used pepper jack)
lettuce
tomato
I then put all the olive spread ingredients in my blender, EXCEPT for the olives. Blended it up really well and then dumped the ingredients from the blender in a tupperware with the olives. Mix it up and it is done. I recommend making the mixture the day before so the ingredients meld together b/c it was even better the next day.
I put it on a sandwich the the other ingredients and it was super tasty.
Whoa, long post. Time to go switch the laundry.
4 comments:
I like the new design!
Also, I think we need to have those sandwiches when we come...they sound delish!!!!!!!
SEE YOU SOON!!!!!
Andrea
Ditto what Andrea said (re new design & especially the olive stuff)!! I'm glad that your mom will be visiting & I'm counting down the days until we'll be there.... fun, fun, fun!! Get working on that guest room!!
Love you guys....
Sue/Mum
Oh No!!..you will probably have to make those sandwiches 2 weekends in a row! yum yum yum...
However... I am just excited to be going to Kansas to visit you two!!!
I will have my first ride on a Mega Bus, will take the train the next time I come.
Praying for career direction for you both.
See you a 4 days!
love U 2.
mom
YUM YUM YUM I WANT ONE OF THOSE!
i was a telemarketer for one whole day. it was very bad for my self esteem. i quit.
you would be a very very cute teacher.
also, the word verification for this today is "spiderat" which sounds TERRIFYING!
Post a Comment